Moving into a new home? You’ll have a lot on your mind, so you’ll be relieved to know it’s simple to get your energy sorted. Here’s how it works in five steps
1. Tell us when you’re moving – call us on 0800 952 0001 and tell us when you’re moving out, where you’re moving to and, if you’re staying in Sussex, whether you’d like to stay with us.
2. Give us your last meter readings – send us your final gas and electricity meter readings on the day you move out so we can send you an accurate bill. If you forget to do this, we’ll have to estimate your final bill, which means you may end up paying too much.
3. We’ll send your closing bill – we’ll send your closing bill when you’ve sent us the meter readings from your old home.
4. Send us your new meter reading – on the day you move, send us the gas and electricity meter readings from your new home. It’s really important you remember to do this otherwise you could end up paying for someone else’s energy.
5. If the energy at your new home is provided by a different energy supplier, we can help you find out who it is so you can easily switch back to us. We’ll confirm your switchover date. We’ll confirm the date we’ll become the energy supplier at your new home and we’ll send you your first bill about a month later.