West Sussex Affordable Warmth scheme

Our Affordable Warmth scheme helps households on low incomes and income-related benefits to stay well and warm - and save money on their energy bills.

Subject to eligibility, we can help West Sussex residents install and pay for the following energy efficiency improvements:

  • Replacement heating systems for off-gas properties - providing energy efficient replacements for broken or inefficient oil boilers, LPG boilers or electric storage heaters in qualifying homes that are not connected to mains gas.
  • Loft insulation - installing first time loft insulation and insulation 'top-ups' where current levels do not meet modern industry standards.
  • Cavity wall insulation - insulating homes without existing cavity wall insulation.

If you think that you or someone that you know could qualify, check the eligibility criteria and get in touch with Osborne Energy, our Sussex-based delivery partner. Their staff will ask some questions to find out whether you qualify for support. They will then arrange to carry out a free assessment to check whether your home is suitable and, if it is, what level of funding may be available to you.

The offer, which is time-limited, is open to homeowners and tenants in privately rented accommodation (subject to the landlord's consent). For further information please call Osborne Energy on - 0800 085 1674 and quote 'West Sussex Affordable Warmth'. Lines are open from Monday to Thursday between 8.30am and 5pm and Fridays between 8.30 and 4.30pm.

The scheme is funded by the Government's Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) and Your Energy Sussex. All work is carried out to a high standard by Osborne Energy's qualified and accredited installers.


You could qualify for funding towards a new heating system or insulation if:

  • You receive certain benefits; and
  • Own or privately rent your home.

If you rent your home privately, you must have the owner's permission to carry out the work.

You must also receive one of the following benefits:

  • Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
  • Working Tax Credit (and your income is £16,010 or less)
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit (and you earned £1,250 or less after tax in any assessment period in the last 12 months)

For certain benefits, one of the following must also apply:

  • You get Child Tax Credit and your child is disabled
  • You get Disabled Child Premium
  • You get Disability Premium
  • You get Pensioner Premium
  • You receive a work-related activity or support component - if you're claiming income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • You're 60 or over - if you're claiming Working Tax Credit
  • You get a limited capability for work or work-related activity element - if you're claiming Universal Credit
  • You get Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment - if you're claiming Universal Credit