Boiler replacement and insulation service

Boiler replacement and insulation service

Our Affordable Warmth boiler replacement and insulation service aims to help elderly, vulnerable and low income residents to stay warm and healthy in their homes and save money on their energy bills.

If you think that you or someone that you know could qualify, check the eligibility criteria and get in touch with our partners at 1 Green Place. Their staff will discuss eligibility and, if you qualify, carry out a free assessment to check whether your home and heating system is suitable. They will also assess the level of funding available to you.

The offer, which is time-limited, is open to homeowners and tenants in privately rented accommodation (subject to the landlord's consent). For further information please call 1 Green Place on our dedicated Your Energy Sussex free phone number - 0800 0355608. Lines are open from Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5pm.

The scheme is funded by the Government's Energy Companies Obligation (ECO) and Your Energy Sussex. All work is carried out to a high standard by a network of local, accredited installers who work for 1 Green Place.

You could qualify for the boiler and insulation scheme if:

  • You own your own home or rent it from a private landlord
  • You receive one of the following:

Child Tax Credit (with an income of £16,010 or less)

Working Tax Credit (with an income of £16,010 or less) and

  • Has parental responsibility for a 'Qualifying Child'; or
  • Disabled worker element or severe disability element; or
  • Aged 60 years or over

Income Support and

  • Has parental responsibility for a 'Qualifying Child';
  • Is in receipt of a 'Qualifying Component'

Income-related employment and support allowance and 

  • Receiving work related activity or support component; or
  • Has parental responsibility for a 'Qualifying Child';
  • Is in receipt of a 'Qualifying Component'

Pension Credit

  • Guaranteed Pension Credit
  • Savings Pension Credit

Income-based Job Seekers Allowance  and;

  • Has parental responsibility for a 'Qualifying Child';
  • Is in receipt of a 'Qualifying Component' 

'Qualifying Child'means a child under 16 who ordinarily resides with that person. A child of 16 or over but under 20 and in full time education is only eligible if the child/young adult is completing 6th form A level or BTEC. However it does not include a degree or university course.

'Qualifying Component'means at least one of the following:

  • Child Tax Credit (CTC) (which must include a disability or severe disability element)
  • Disabled Child Premium
  • Disability Premium, Enhanced Disability Premium or Severe Disability Element Premium
  • Pensioner Premium, Higher Pension Premium or Enhanced Pensioner Premium